The London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Game (LOCOG) produced a guide and a course map for the Olympic Marathon Swimming 10km on August 9th (women) and 10th (men) in the Serpentine lake in Hyde Park.
LOCOG also provided the following tips for those lucky spectators who will see the spectacle first-hand:
- Arrive early and be prepared to wait for a good spot
- Don’t drive – there is no parking available anywhere near the venue
- Check travel information before leaving home/hotel
- There will be longer queues for everything from the Tube to the toilets
- Come prepared for all types of weather
Although LOCOG estimates the men will take between 1 hour 45 minutes and 2 hours 15 minutes, and the women will take between 1 hour 55 minutes and 2 hours 25 minutes to complete the swim, we believe the men will finish between 1:50-1:55 with nearly half of the men under 1:53 and the women will finish between 1:58-2:02 with the top 10 under 2:00.
Copyright © 2012 by Open Water Source
Register for FREE and see content that is not accessible to the general public.
Better yet, join Open Water Source as a Premium Member and get full access instantly.
See What You’re Missing!
Subscription Amount: $5.99/month
Access All Premium Content!
Open Water Source… Your complete source for open water swimming.
Register for a Chance to Win a Vacation!
|Open Water Podcast||Presenting the Open Water Vacation Giveaway|
The Open Water Vacation Giveaway is provided courtesy of Open Water Source. Winners will be randomly selected from among those who register in advance for the 2012 Global Open Water Swimming Conference in Long Beach, California (September 21-23, 2012).
Click HERE for more information about the conference.
[SlideDeck id='7594' width='100%' height='300px']
[SlideDeck id='3697' width='100%' height='300px']
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 23rd
North side beach at Marine Stadium in Long Beach starting at 9:00 AM
- 100-meter newcomer swim
- 800-meter swim (½ loop of the Olympic 10 km Marathon Swim course)
- 1 loop of the Olympic Triathlon swim course (1.5 kilometers)
- 3 loops of the Olympic 10 km Marathon Swim course (5 kilometers)
- 6 loops of the Olympic 10 km Marathon Swim course (10 kilometers)
Register for the 2012 Global Open Water Swimming Conference in Long Beach, CA.
[SlideDeck id='1522' width='100%' height='260px']