In contrast to other races on the FINA 10Km Marathon Swimming World Cup, each swimmer was accompanied by a kayak with a trained escort who was responsible for course direction and feeding the swimmer over the point-to-point course. While the men took different courses, it was a close race among the top four women throughout the race. They all finished within 8 second of each other, but it was American Christine Jennings edging out Ana Marcela and two other Americans Eva Fabian and Ashley Twichell.
Throughout the course, the swimmers were enthusiastically supported by fans onshore and in marine vessels of all sorts.
The final results:
1. Christine Jennings (USA) 2:05:56.76
2. Ana Marcela Cunha (BRA) 2:06:02.73
3. Eva Fabian (USA) 2:06:03.82
4. Ashley Twichell (USA) 2:06:04.51
5. Anna Uvarova (RUS) 2:06:21.32
6. Nadine Reichert (GER) 2:06:49.70
7. Heidi George (USA) 2:06:50.16
8. Isabelle Longo (BRA) 2:06:54.36
9. Nadine Williams (CAN) 2:07:28.14
10. Béatrice Pineau (CAN) 2:12:33.55
11. Jade Dusablon (CAN) 2:12:50.97
12. Léonie Pamerleau (CAN) 2:12:57.24
13. Betina Lorscheitter (BRA) 2:13:21.14
14. Eloise Labrecque (CAN) 2:21:08.40
15. Leena Strudzina (CAN) 2:22:02.28
16. Marianela Mendoza (ARG) 2:27:07.91
17. Noelia Petti (ARG) 2:35:18.92
18. Rita Vanessa Garcia (ARG) OTL
19. Kathryn Gagnon (CAN) OTL
Copyright © 2012 by Open Water Source
Register for FREE and see content that is not accessible to the general public.
Better yet, join Open Water Source as a Premium Member and get full access instantly.
See What You’re Missing!
Subscription Amount: $5.99/month
Access All Premium Content!
Open Water Source… Your complete source for open water swimming.
Register for a Chance to Win a Vacation!
|Open Water Podcast||Presenting the Open Water Vacation Giveaway|
The Open Water Vacation Giveaway is provided courtesy of Open Water Source. Winners will be randomly selected from among those who register in advance for the 2012 Global Open Water Swimming Conference in Long Beach, California (September 21-23, 2012).
Click HERE for more information about the conference.
[SlideDeck id='7594' width='100%' height='300px']
[SlideDeck id='3697' width='100%' height='300px']
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 23rd
North side beach at Marine Stadium in Long Beach starting at 9:00 AM
- 100-meter newcomer swim
- 800-meter swim (½ loop of the Olympic 10 km Marathon Swim course)
- 1 loop of the Olympic Triathlon swim course (1.5 kilometers)
- 3 loops of the Olympic 10 km Marathon Swim course (5 kilometers)
- 6 loops of the Olympic 10 km Marathon Swim course (10 kilometers)
Register for the 2012 Global Open Water Swimming Conference in Long Beach, CA.
[SlideDeck id='1522' width='100%' height='260px']