Ned Denison’s concept of the Triple Crown of Prison Island Swims (orTriple Break) has a new member: Nick Adams. Adams completed a series of swims from former isolated prison islands where convicts have given way to open water swimmers.
Denison’s list of the swimmers who have currently completed the Triple Crown of Prison Island Swims (or Triple Break for completing the Robben Island + Alcatraz Island + Spike Island swims) now includes 11 swimmers.
1. 2006 Steven Black (Robben + Alcatraz + Spike)
2. 2006 Joe Donnelly (Robben + Alcatraz + Spike)
3. 2006 Mike Harris (Robben + Rottnest + Spike)
4. 2009 John Conroy (Alcatraz + Rottnest + Spike)
5. 2009 Jennifer Hurley (Alcatraz + Rottnest + Spike)
6. 2010 Ram Barkai (Robben + Alcatraz + Rottnest)
7. 2010 Kieron Palframan (Robben + Alcatraz + Rottnest)
8. 2010 Ryan Stramrood (Robben + Alcatraz + Rottnest)
9. 2011 Ned Denison (Robben + Alcatraz + Rottnest + Spike)
10. 2011 Gary Emich (Alcatraz + Rottnest + Spike
11. 2011 Nick Adams (Rottnest + Alcatraz + Robben)
Copyright © 2012 by Open Water Source
Register for FREE and see content that is not accessible to the general public.
Better yet, join Open Water Source as a Premium Member and get full access instantly.
See What You’re Missing!
Subscription Amount: $5.99/month
Access All Premium Content!
Open Water Source… Your complete source for open water swimming.
Register for a Chance to Win a Vacation!
|Open Water Podcast||Presenting the Open Water Vacation Giveaway|
The Open Water Vacation Giveaway is provided courtesy of Open Water Source. Winners will be randomly selected from among those who register in advance for the 2012 Global Open Water Swimming Conference in Long Beach, California (September 21-23, 2012).
Click HERE for more information about the conference.
[SlideDeck id='7594' width='100%' height='300px']
[SlideDeck id='3697' width='100%' height='300px']
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 23rd
North side beach at Marine Stadium in Long Beach starting at 9:00 AM
- 100-meter newcomer swim
- 800-meter swim (½ loop of the Olympic 10 km Marathon Swim course)
- 1 loop of the Olympic Triathlon swim course (1.5 kilometers)
- 3 loops of the Olympic 10 km Marathon Swim course (5 kilometers)
- 6 loops of the Olympic 10 km Marathon Swim course (10 kilometers)
Register for the 2012 Global Open Water Swimming Conference in Long Beach, CA.
[SlideDeck id='1522' width='100%' height='260px']