Andrea Volpini has been a fixture on the professional marathon swimming circuit for over 10 years now.
The 34-year-old policeman from Italy has taken time off to complete in over 40 races.
His decade-long career includes the following marathon swims:
• Maratona del Golfo Capri-Napoli (36 km in Italy) in 2003, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
• Cañon del Sumidero Maraton (15 km in Mexico) in 2010, 2012
• Santa Fe – Coronda Marathon Acuatico (57 km in Argentina) in 2004, 2005, 2006, 008, 2009, 2010, 2012
• Rosario Marathon Acuatico (15 km in Argentina) in 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
• Ohrid Marathon (30 km in Macedonia) in 2011
• Traversée international du lac Memphrémagog (34 km in Canada) in 2011
• Traversée international du lac St-Jean (32 km Grand Prix in Canada) in 2011
• Traversée international du lac St-Jean (10 km World Cup in Canada) in 2011 • Hernandarias – Parana (88 km in Argentina) in 2010
• Abu Dhabi Open Water Swimming Grand Prix (15 km in UAE) in 2009
• La Patagones – Viedma FINA Open Water Swimming Grand Prix (15 km in UAE) in 2008, 2009
• FINA Open Water Swimming Championships (25 km in Egypt, 25 km in Spain and 25 km in UAE) in 2002, 2004, 2008
• FINA World Swimming Championships (25 km in Melbourne) in 2007
• Ein El Sokhna – Red Sea (10 km in Egypt) in 2004
• Abu Dhabi FINA Grand Prix (16 km in UAE) in 2007
Copyright © 2012 by Open Water Source
Register for FREE and see content that is not accessible to the general public.
Better yet, join Open Water Source as a Premium Member and get full access instantly.
See What You’re Missing!
Subscription Amount: $5.99/month
Access All Premium Content!
Open Water Source… Your complete source for open water swimming.
Register for a Chance to Win a Vacation!
|Open Water Podcast||Presenting the Open Water Vacation Giveaway|
The Open Water Vacation Giveaway is provided courtesy of Open Water Source. Winners will be randomly selected from among those who register in advance for the 2012 Global Open Water Swimming Conference in Long Beach, California (September 21-23, 2012).
Click HERE for more information about the conference.
[SlideDeck id='7594' width='100%' height='300px']
[SlideDeck id='3697' width='100%' height='300px']
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 23rd
North side beach at Marine Stadium in Long Beach starting at 9:00 AM
- 100-meter newcomer swim
- 800-meter swim (½ loop of the Olympic 10 km Marathon Swim course)
- 1 loop of the Olympic Triathlon swim course (1.5 kilometers)
- 3 loops of the Olympic 10 km Marathon Swim course (5 kilometers)
- 6 loops of the Olympic 10 km Marathon Swim course (10 kilometers)
Register for the 2012 Global Open Water Swimming Conference in Long Beach, CA.
[SlideDeck id='1522' width='100%' height='260px']