Open water swimming series are popping up all over the world.
A series is defined as a number of open water swimming competitions or events that held in one consecutive season or year, and organized by the same individual or group that (a) are of the same type or distance, (b) tied together by cash prizes or awards, (d) held in the same venue, (d) tied together through a common point system, and/or (e) tied together through a common cause (charitable or environmental).
Below is an initial list of open water swimming series around the world:
1.Great Swim Series (United Kingdom)
2.State New Zealand Ocean Swim Series (New Zealand)
3. King and Queen of the Sea Series (Brazil)
4. Japan International Open Water Swimming Association (Japan)
5. NYC Swim (New York, U.S.A.)
6. Freedom Swim Series (South Africa)
7. Birkirkara St Joseph Sports Club (Malta)
8. Swimming WA Open Water Series (Australia)
9. Cayman Islands Amateur Swimming Association Series (Cayman Islands)
10. CRO-CUP (Croatia)
11. Vancouver Open Water Swimming Association (Vancouver, Canada)
12. FINA Open Water Swimming Grand Prix (Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Macedonia, Italy, Serbia)
13. FINA 10km Marathon Swimming World Cup (Hong Kong, China, Mexico, Canada, Brazil)
14. West Indies Bluewater Swim Series (Turks & Caicos, Trinidad, U.S. Virgin Islands, St. Kitts)
15. American Swimming Association (Texas, U.S.A.)
16. Body Science Great Australian Swim Series (Australia)
17. Henley Swims (England)
18. Human Race (United Kingdom)
19. Alaska Open Water Series (Alaska, U.S.A.)
20. Nautical Club of Kalamata Series (Greece)
21. Swim Across America (from New York to California, U.S.A.)
22. Midmar Mile (South Africa)
23. 2XU Ocean Swim Series (Tasmania, Australia)
24. Staminade Surf Swim Series
25. International Ice Swimming Association (South Africa)
26. Swim for Equality (California, Florida U.S.A.)
27. NY Aquarium Open Water Swim Series (New York, U.S.A.)
28. SPMS Open Water Series (California, U.S.A.)
29. North Shore Swim Series (Hawaii, U.S.A.)
30. Great Lakes Open Water Swim Series (U.S.A.)
31. Triangle Open Water Swim Series (North Carolina, U.S.A.)
32. Water World Swim (California, U.S.A.)
33. Cascade Lakes Swim Series (Oregon, U.S.A.)
34. Thames Open Water Swim Series (England)
35. Norcal Open Water Swim Series (California, U.S.A.)
36. Sharkfest Swim Series (California, Nevada, Massachusetts, U.S.A.)
37. 8 Bridges Hudson River Swim (New York, U.S.A.)
38. Swim Michigan (Michigan, U.S.A.)
39. Bald Eagle Lake Swim Series (Colorado, U.S.A.)
40. Clearwater Open Water Swim Series (Florida, U.S.A.)
41. Wild Swim Series (United Kingdom)
42. Japan International Open Water Swimming Association (Japan)
43. Ocean Racing Series (South Africa)
44. Pacific Masters Open Water (California, U.S.A.)
45. Donner Lake Open Water Swim Series (California, U.S.A.)
46. Broderick Summer Swim Series (New Zealand)
47. Metalman Swim Series (Ireland)
48. Samoa Swim Series (Samoa)
49. Dolphin Mile Swim Series (South Africa)
50. Arizona Open Water Swim Series (Arizona, U.S.A.)
51. Llandudno Swim Series (South Africa)
52. Great Victorian Swim Series (Australia)
53. Shipwreck Coast Swim Series (Australia)
54. D2Adrenaline (Hong Kong)
55. Surf n Turf (New Zealand)
56. Super Swim Series (United Kingdom)
57. Swim Super Series
58. 1st Sunday of the Month Swim (South Africa)
58. Swimming NSW Open Water and Marathon Series (Australia)
59. Tasmanian Ocean Swim Series (Australia) 60. Open Water Swimmer (Ireland)
Copyright © 2012 by Open Water Source
Register for FREE and see content that is not accessible to the general public.
Better yet, join Open Water Source as a Premium Member and get full access instantly.
See What You’re Missing!
Subscription Amount: $5.99/month
Access All Premium Content!
Open Water Source… Your complete source for open water swimming.
[SlideDeck id='1522' width='100%' height='260px']
|Voting is open! See the Complete List of WOWSA Nominees in all four categories.
An Inspirational Cause… A Successful Event
SWIM ACROSS AMERICA, LONG BEACH
THE DRAMA OF THE SPORT
Entering an event is free. If you are an event manager, we would like to have all your events in the event database so we can patronize your events and boost your numbers!
More people swim than play football, run, cycle, golf, tennis or just about anything else in the world!