International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame member of the Board of Directors Neville Smith of Zwemza reported that Christian Reichert won Friday’s FINA 10km Marathon Swimming World Cup race in Eilat, Israel over 30 other men.
The Germany police officer finished first in a quick 1 hour 53 minutes 29.5 seconds in a race that saw the top 3 men uncharacteristically spread out far and wide. Reichert clearly out-gunned second-place finisher and German teammate Thomas Lurz by over 5 seconds. American Olympian Alex Meyer, now fully recovered from his broken clavicle that hampered his success during 2012, finished third in 1:53:38, 4 seconds behind Lurz.
1. Christian Reichert (GER) 1:53:29.5
2. Thomas Lurz (GER) 1:53:34.0
3. Alex Meyer (USA) 1:53:38.0
4. Rob Muffels (GER) 1:53:39.7
5. Matteo Furlan (ITA) 1:53:41.7
6. Allan Do Carmo (BRA) 1:53:42.1
7. Vanelli Federico (ITA) 1:53:53:0
8. Soren Meissner (GER) 1:53:53.45
9. Chris Bryan (IRE) 1:53:55.0
10. Vladimir Dyatchin (RUS) 1:53:55.4
Copyright © 2013 by Open Water Swimming