Allan Do Carmo Completes Brazilian Sweep In China
Courtesy of WOWSA, Huntington Beach, California.
When Ana Marcela Cunha and Poliana Okimoto of Brazil went 1-2 in the FINA 10K Marathon Swimming World Cup race in Chu’an, China, it was an especially sweet victory when teammate Allan Do Carmo barely out-touched German Thomas Lurz to win.
For Brazil to sweep any race from now until the Olympic 10K Marathon Swim on Copacabana Beach will not only be big news in Brazil, but also raise dual gold medal expectations for the Brazilian men and women to almost incomprehensible heights within Brazil.
Top 15 Results:
1. Allan Do Carmo (BRA) 1:53:04.83
2. Richard Weinberger (CAN) 1:53:08.24
3. Esteban Enderica (ECU) 1:53:09.43
4. Diogo Villarinho (BRA) 1:53:12.71
5. Christian Reichert (GER) 1:53:12.82
6. Ivan Enderica (ECU) 1:53:12.89
7. Furlan Matteo (ITA) 1:53:13.15
8. Rhys Mainstone (AUS) 1:53:13.21
9. Vitaliy Khudyakov (KAZ) 1:53:16.46
10. Guillermo Bertola (ARG) 1:53:17.71
11. Pepijn Smits (NLD) 1:53:20.28
12. Evgenij Pop Acev (MKD) 1:53:20.52
13. Chip Peterson (USA) 1:53:20.71
14. Santiago Enderica (ECU) 1:53:22.64
15. Weng Jinwei (CHN) 1:55:00.26
Copyright © 2015 by World Open Water Swimming Association
Latest posts by Steven Munatones (see all)