Argentina Sweeps Ohrid Swimming Marathon – Matias Diaz, Vanesa García Win
Vanesa García of Argentina was the only women to compete in the 25 km Ohrid Swimming Marathon in Northern Macedonia and stood on top of the awards podium along with Argentina teammate and fellow professional marathon swimmer Matias Diaz Hernandez in last week’s even.
- Matias Diaz Hernandez (Argentina) 5 hours 50 minutes 30.5 seconds
- Francesco Ghettini (Italy) 5 hours 54 minutes 51.2 seconds
- Evgenij Pop Acev (Northern Macedonia) 6 hours 14 minutes 29.1 seconds
- Aleksandar Ilievski (Northern Macedonia) 6 hours 16 minutes 16.3 seconds
- Sidrit Desku (Republic of Kosovo) 6 hours 56 minutes 2.3 seconds
- Rita Vanesa García (Argentina) 7 hours 57 minutes 50.1 seconds – first woman
- Arion Budima (Republic of Kosovo) DNF
President Stevo Pendarovski, as patron of the Ohrid Swimming Marathon, welcomed the swimmers at the 35th edition of the marathon. He was also at the finish to congratulate the finishers.
Copyright © 2008 – 2022 by World Open Water Swimming Association