Barbara Pozzobon Wins Capri-Napoli
Barbara Pozzobon Wins Capri-NapoliCourtesy of FINA, Capri–Napoli, Italy.
Barbara Pozzobon and Alice Franco went 1-2 at the 36 km Maratona del Golfo Capri-Napoli.
The tradition of swimming from the island of Capri and racing to Marina Grande Beach in Napoli on the mainland of Italy began in 1954. Once a mainstay on the International Long Distance Swimming Federation circuit, the World Professional Marathon Swimming Federation circuit, and the International Marathon Swimming Association circuit, it is now the culminating stage of the FINA UltraMarathon Swim Series.
1. Barbara Pozzobon (Italy) 7 hours 25 minutes 31 seconds
2. Alice Franco (Italy) 7 hours 25 minutes 42 seconds
3. Romina Imwinkelried (Argentina) 7 hours 25 minutes 54.00 seconds
4. Pilar Geijo (Argentina) 7 hours 50 minutes 54 seconds
5. Martina Oriozabala (Argentina) 8 hours 11 minutes 37 seconds
6. Erika Yenssen (Argentina) 8 hours 11 minutes 43 seconds
7. Sandra Frimerman-Bergquist (USA) 8 hours 30 minutes 2 seconds
8. Daira Marin (Argentina) 8 hours 31 minutes 0 seconds
9. Marie-Laurence Lortie (Canada) 8 hours 37 minutes 59 seconds
10. Rita Vanesa Garcia (Argentina) 8 hours 43 minutes 30 seconds
The Capri-Napoli race culminated the 2019 season that started in Santa Fe and Rosario in Argentina in February, continued in Lac St-Jean in Canada and Ohrid Lake in Macedonia and Novi, Croatia.
Copyright © 2008 – 2019 by World Open Water Swimming Association
Latest posts by Steven Munatones (see all)