Calling all Open Water Swimmers! Share Your Voice to Shape the Future of the Sport!
📝 Your Opinion Matters! Take the Poll and Make a Difference
We invite you to participate in this anonymous poll and have your voice heard. Your valuable input will help guide the decisions and initiatives of the future advisory board committees, ensuring that they are aligned with the needs and aspirations of the open water swimming community.
🎁 Get a Free Webinar Coupon! As a token of our appreciation, we are offering a FREE webinar coupon to all participants. Once you complete the poll, a coupon code is provided on the thank you page that grants you access to any of our webinars for free.
🌐 Where to Find the Poll? The poll will be available on our website or go directly to the poll.
🗓️ Important Dates:
Poll Launch: May 15, 2023
Poll Closure: May 30, 2023
Note: The results of the poll will be displayed and made accessible on this webpage for you to explore and gain insights from the collective opinions of the open water swimming community.
✨ Be Part of Guiding the Future of Open Water Swimming! Your participation in the poll is vital in shaping the future of open water swimming. Together, let’s guide our advisory board committees to make informed decisions and take actions that benefit the entire community. We greatly appreciate your support and contributions!
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Thank you for your continued support!
The WOWSA Team
Please note that the views expressed in this poll are not necessarily the views of WOWSA. This poll is conducted solely for the purpose of gathering information and insights from the open water swimming community. The collected data will be used to inform discussions and considerations within the committees. We value the diverse perspectives of our community and encourage respectful dialogue on the topics presented in this poll. The results of the poll will be available to the public on May 31, 2023.
Advisory Board Committees and Poll Questions
Rules and Regulations Committee: Reviewing rules and regulations for open water swimming events and competitions, ensuring compliance with international standards and best practices. This committee may also be responsible for addressing rule violations and disputes that arise during swims and events.
- Do you believe all organizing bodies in open water swimming should form a unified committee with representation from each organization to ensure consistency and collaboration in establishing rules and regulations?
- Do you believe it is important for the sport of open water swimming to work towards establishing more international standards, rules, and regulations that apply to both assisted and unassisted swims?
- Should the establishment of new local governing bodies in open water swimming be reviewed by a committee comprising representatives from all existing governing bodies to ensure safety and adherence to established standards?
- Are standardized protocols necessary to address rule violations that occur during swims and events?
- Should there be a standardized process for resolving disputes that occur during open water swims and events?
- Do you think it is necessary to establish guidelines for safety equipment and procedures in open water swimming to ensure the well-being of participants and support crews?
- Should there be specific regulations and criteria in place for the recognition of official open water swimming records worldwide?
- Do you believe that all open water swimming events should require approval and sanctioning from the appropriate governing bodies to ensure compliance with established rules and regulations?
- Should there be a uniform classification system for different types of open water swims (e.g., marathon swims, channel crossings, stage swims) to provide clarity and consistency in categorizing achievements?
- Are you in favor of regular updates and revisions to existing rules and regulations in open water swimming to adapt to evolving safety standards and emerging trends in the sport?
Safety and Risk Management Committee: Reviewing safety guidelines and protocols for open water swimming events and competitions, ensuring the safety of swimmers and support crews. This committee may also be responsible for conducting risk assessments and developing contingency plans for emergency situations.
- Is it necessary to discuss and establish essential safety guidelines and protocols for open water swims and open water events?
- Do you believe conducting effective risk assessments and developing contingency plans is important for ensuring the safety of participants in open water swims and open water events?
- Should the committee prioritize measures to ensure the safety of swimmers and support crews during open water swimming competitions?
- Do you believe there should be mandatory safety equipment requirements for participants in open water swims?
- Is it necessary to have trained safety personnel present during open water swims and events?
- Should the committee focus on establishing clear communication channels and emergency response protocols for open water swims?
- Do you think it is important to create guidelines on swimmer monitoring and supervision during open water swimming events?
- Is it necessary to discuss and establish procedures for identifying and responding to potential hazards in open water swimming venues?
- Should the committee address guidelines for the use of safety boats or kayaks to provide assistance and support during open water swims?
- Do you believe there should be a comprehensive medical plan in place for addressing health emergencies during open water swimming events?
Coaching and Education Committee: Reviewing programs to support the education and training of open water swimmers and coaches, promoting the sharing of knowledge and best practices, and providing guidance and resources to individuals and organizations involved in open water swimming. This committee may also be responsible for developing standards and certifications for coaches and other professionals involved in the sport.
- Should educational programs and resources be developed to support the training and development of open water swimmers and coaches?
- Do you believe there are best practices among open water swimmers, coaches, and organizations?
- Should the committee focus on establishing standards and certifications for coaches and professionals involved in open water swimming?
- Is it necessary to provide specialized training for observers of open water swims to ensure accurate and consistent monitoring of swimmers?
- Should there be standardized guidelines and protocols for the training of safety personnel and support crews involved in open water swims and events?
- Do you believe in the importance of mentorship programs for aspiring open water swimmers and coaches?
- Should there be educational courses or workshops dedicated to risk management and safety practices specifically tailored for open water swimmers and coaches?
- Is it necessary to develop a comprehensive curriculum for open water swimming that covers technique, strategy, safety, and race preparation?
- Should there be resources and guidelines available to help coaches and swimmers navigate the logistical aspects of planning and participating in open water swims?
- Do you believe in the value of establishing a global network or platform for open water swimmers and coaches to connect and exchange ideas?
Communication and Outreach Committee: Reviewing marketing and communication strategies to increase public awareness of open water swimming, attract new participants, and support the growth of the sport. This committee will also monitor and address concerns around the promotion of false information or questionable practices related to the sport, particularly through social media and other online channels.
- Should the committee develop guidelines or policies to address the promotion of false information or questionable practices related to open water swimming through media and online channels?
- Is it necessary to establish a code of conduct for open water swimmers and organizations regarding media interactions and claims of accomplishments, firsts, or records?
- Is it important to develop educational resources or guidelines for open water swimmers and organizations on how to responsibly engage with the media?
- Should new communications channels and platforms be created to effectively reach and engage with the target audience of open water swimming?
- Should there be collaborations with media outlets and influencers to increase the visibility and positive representation of open water swimming?
- Should the committee actively address and debunk misconceptions or myths surrounding open water swimming through educational campaigns or initiatives?
- Should there be a dedicated spokesperson or representative appointed to handle media inquiries and ensure accurate information dissemination about open water swimming?
- Do you believe in the value of fostering partnerships with other sports or organizations to leverage their media platforms and amplify the reach of open water swimming-related content?
- Should effective marketing strategies be implemented to promote the benefits of open water swimming and attract new participants?
- Should there be better public awareness and understanding of open water swimming to generate more interest and engagement in the sport?
Environmental Committee: Reviewing environmental sustainability and stewardship in open water swimming, raising awareness about the impact of human activities on aquatic ecosystems, and identifying ways to minimize the environmental footprint of open water swimming events. This committee may also be responsible for developing guidelines and best practices for sustainable open water swims and event planning and management.
- Should open water swimming events prioritize the use of eco-friendly materials and practices to minimize waste and pollution?
- Is it necessary to implement measures to protect and preserve the natural habitats and ecosystems in which open water swims take place?
- Should open water swimming events promote the responsible use of resources, such as water and energy, to reduce their environmental footprint?
- Is it important to educate participants and spectators about the importance of environmental sustainability in open water swimming?
- Should there be guidelines in place to ensure that open water swimming events leave no trace and minimize their impact on the environment?
- Is it necessary to collaborate with environmental organizations and experts to develop strategies for minimizing the ecological impact of open water swimming events?
- Should open water swimming events encourage participants and spectators to engage in environmental conservation activities, such as beach cleanups or restoration projects?
- Is it important to raise awareness about the potential threats to aquatic ecosystems and marine life posed by open water swimming events, and to develop mitigation strategies?
- Should there be guidelines and regulations for the responsible disposal of waste and recycling at open water swimming events?
- Is it necessary to incorporate environmental sustainability as a criterion when selecting and approving open water swimming event locations?
Inclusion and Diversity Committee: Supporting diversity and inclusion in open water swimming, and developing strategies to ensure that the sport is accessible and welcoming to individuals of all backgrounds and abilities. This committee may also be responsible for addressing issues related to discrimination and harassment within the sport.
- Should open water swimming events actively promote inclusivity by offering adaptive or modified swim options for individuals with disabilities?
- Is it important to provide resources and support for underrepresented communities to participate in open water swimming?
- Should there be guidelines in place to address and prevent discrimination and harassment within the open water swimming community?
- Is it necessary to provide education and training on diversity and inclusion for open water swimming coaches, officials, and organizers?
- Should open water swimming events prioritize creating a welcoming and safe environment for participants of diverse backgrounds and identities?
- Is it important to collaborate with organizations that specialize in promoting diversity and inclusion to ensure the effectiveness of initiatives in open water swimming?
- Should there be outreach programs to introduce open water swimming to communities that have traditionally had limited access to water sports?
- Is it necessary to collect and analyze demographic data to monitor and evaluate the progress of diversity and inclusion efforts in open water swimming?
- Should open water swimming events actively seek partnerships with organizations that support diversity and inclusion, such as LGBTQ+ organizations or community outreach programs?
- Is it important to celebrate and recognize the achievements of diverse individuals in open water swimming to inspire and encourage representation?
- Traversée du Lac Tremblant: All-American USMS Swimmer Ildiko Szeleky’s Preferred Cross-training Open Water Event - 06/09/2023
- Celebrating the 2023 World Oceans Day: Planet Ocean – Tides Are Changing - 06/09/2023
- A Remarkable Journey: Sriram Srinivas Rajasekaran’s Triumph Over Cerebral Palsy to Conquer Palk Strait - 06/08/2023