Class Of 2020 Hall Of Famers To Be Honored In New York
Class Of 2020 Hall Of Famers To Be Honored In New YorkCourtesy of Ned Denison, International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Open water swimming is definitely global.
15 athletes, coaches, and administrators from Italy, South Africa, Spain, USA, Netherlands, Hungary, Egypt, Greece, Canada, Argentina and Bulgaria were elected to the International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame Class of 2020 as Honor Swimmers, Honor Administrators and Honor Contributors (Coaches and Organizations).
* Massimo Giuliani, Honor Contributor – Coach (Italy)
* Cameron Bellamy, Honor Swimmer (South Africa)
* Esther Nuñez Morera, Honor Swimmer (Spain)
* Doug Woodring, Honor Administrator (USA)
* Risztov Éva, Honor Swimmer (Hungary)
* Walter Poenisch, Honor Swimmer (USA)
* IJseelmeer Zwemmarathon, Honor Contributor – Organization (Netherlands)
* Captain Nabil ElShazly, Honor Swimmer (Egypt)
* Spyridon Gianniotis, Honor Swimmer (Greece)
* Bryan Finlay, Honor Administrator (Canada)
* Damián Blaum, Honor Swimmer (Argentina)
* Marcia Cleveland, Honor Swimmer (USA)
* Petar Stoychev, Poseidon Award from the International Swimming Hall of Fame (Bulgaria)
* Sid Cassidy, Irving Davids/Captain Roger W. Wheeler Memorial Award from the International Swimming Hall of Fame (USA)
* Beth Yudovin, Dale Petranech Award (USA)
The inductees and the award recipients will be honored at the International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame induction ceremony to be held in New York City on May 2nd 2020.
Copyright © 2008 – 2019 by World Open Water Swimming Association
Latest posts by Steven Munatones (see all)