In the Coaches Education Program, you will be able take the online tests conveniently right here within the members area. You will see the results of your test instantly upon completing each test.
This is a comprehensive Open Water Swimming Coaches Education Program for pool swimming coaches, triathlete coaches, masters swimming coaches, fitness coaches and endurance sports coaches and multi-sport coaches. Are you interested in learning the details of open water swimming and the best and most current practices and methodologies of the sport?
What to expect in this course…
The certification program will educate interested individuals on everything from proper swimming techniques to race tactics. Individuals who pass the program will be able to safely coach young children in short introductory open water swims as well as escort marathon swimmers in the English Channel.
Open Water Safety
- The Marine Environment and History of Open Water Swimming.
- The Basic Blocks – The Pyramid of Open Water Swimming Success.
- Fine-tuning Stroke Efficiency, Pacing and Positioning in the Open Water.
- The Equipment Used in Open Water Swimming – from Local Races to the Olympics.
- Officiating and Logistics in Open Water Swimming.
- Refueling and Hydration in Open Water Swimming.
- The Psychology and Physiology of Open Water Swimming.
- Marathon Swimming, Channel Swimming and Solo Swims
- Financing and Sponsorship
- Level 1 – a score of 75% correct answers on the WOWSA test .
- Level 2 – a score of 80% and coach 1 athlete who has completed a 5 KM swim in open water.
- Level 3 – A score of 85% and one athlete who has completed a 10KM Swim in open water.
- Level 4 – A score of 90% and coaching of one athlete who has completed a 25 KM swim, or competed in a national championship event.
- Level 5 – A score of 95% and coaching 1 athlete who has competed in the Olympic Games or an international championship event or completed a channel crossing.