Dan Simonelli Helps Create A Sea Of Change
Dan Simonelli Helps Create A Sea Of ChangeCourtesy of Sea Change Preparatory, Del Mar, California.
Dan Simonelli is never too far away from the open water whether he is assisting solo and relay swimmers with channel crossings or guiding the young students at Sea Change Preparatory to challenge themselves in the Pacific Ocean in La Jolla Cove, California.
Simonelli founded the Open Water Swim Academy among his myriad achievements, responsibilities and activities that range from coaching The Zombie Patrol to serving on the selection panel of the International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame.
In addition to winning the 2015 Service to Marathon Swimming Award by the Marathon Swimmers Federation, organizing the Swim Across America Catalina Channel crossing charity event, and coaching the Sea Change Preparatory Zombies to pioneer an unprecedented relay from the Isle of Capri to the Isle of Ischia in Italy in 2018, Simonelli and the Open Water Swim Academy was nominated for the 2017 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year among the following products, services and events:
1. 48 Braçades by Miquel Suñer (Spain)
2. Blue Journey Dangerous Waves Project with Bruckner Chase (USA)
3. Global Swim Series by Rob Kent & Dylan Kent (Canada)
4. LongSwimsDB by Evan Morrison (USA)
5. New York Open Water by David Barra, Rondi Davies & Alex Arévalo (USA)
6. Open Water Swim Academy by Dan Simonelli (USA)
7. Outdoor Swimmer by Simon Griffiths (Great Britain)
8. Sea Donkey with Adrian Sarchet (Guernsey)
9. Shark Bait by Dr. Seán O’Connell (Bermuda)
10. Swim Argentina by Matías Ola (Argentina)
11. The Channel of Bones with Toni Enderli (South Africa)
12. Travessia do Leme ao Pontal by Adherbal de Oliveira & Renato Ribeiro Barbosa (Brazil)
The Open Water Swim Academy‘s nomination reads as follows, “The Open Water Swim Academy offers a safe and supportive environment for teaching and training open water swimmers, no matter what their starting point or final goals are. Led by coach, crew chief, lifeguard and escort kayaker Dan Simonelli, recreational, masters and competitive swimmers are taught a comprehensive curriculum of technical, environmental, mental and physical aspects of the sport.
For sharing the latest and best techniques and tactics both in the pool and Pacific Ocean, for teaching myriad aspects of open water swimming in beautiful La Jolla, California – and from Hawaii to Dover – from swim techniques and nutrition to marine life and goal setting, for promoting and expanding open water swimming to students and adults from all walks of life, the Open Water Swim Academy is a worthy nominee for the 2017 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year.“
To register and vote on the WOWSA Awards and the 2017 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year, visit here.
Follow Open Water Swim Academy here.
Copyright © 2008 – 2017 by World Open Water Swimming Association