David Aubry Gearing Up To The 2020 Tokyo Olympics
David Aubry Gearing Up To The 2020 Tokyo OlympicsCourtesy of WOWSA, Odaiba Marine Park, Tokyo Bay, Japan.
The Olympic 10K Marathon Swim at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games is scheduled to be in the very warm, very flat, tranquil Odaiba Marine Park in Tokyo Bay.
For fast distance swimmers accustomed to racing in a pool, this is the ideal location for a marathon swim.
So with David Aubry of France ripping off a very fast 800m freestyle at the 2019 French Short-Course Swimming Championships today, he has inserted himself in podium position discussions. His 7:31.60 time is the fourth fastest short-course 800m freestyle of all time.
Aubry picked up the 10th Olympic spot at the FINA World Championships Gwangju, South Korea this year.
Men’s 10 km Olympic Qualification Race Results:
1. Florian Wellbrock (Germany) 1:47:55.90
2. Marc-Antoine Olivier (France) 1:47:56.10
3. Rob Muffels (Germany) 1:47:57.40
4. Kristóf Rasovszky (Hungary) 1:47:59.50
5. Jordan Wilimovsky (USA) 1:48:01.00
6. Gregorio Paltrinieri (Italy) 1:48:01.00
7. Ferry Weertman (Netherlands) 1:48:01.90
8. Alberto Martinez (Spain) 1:48:02.20
9. Mario Sanzullo (Italy) 1:48:04.70
10. David Aubry (France) 1:48:05.10
Copyright © 2008 – 2019 by World Open Water Swimming Association
Latest posts by Steven Munatones (see all)