Déjà Vu For Angela Maurer In Novi, Croatia
Déjà Vu For Angela Maurer In Novi, CroatiaCourtesy of FINA, Novi, Croatia.
Angela Maurer, at the age of 44, became one of the oldest swimmers in history to win a leg on the FINA UltraMarathon Swim Series.
44-year-old Maurer won the 20 km marathon swim in Novi, Croatia on August 31st.
Maurer described her victory by 17 seconds over another veteran Alice Franco of Italy, “It was a super race with a wonderful scenery. It was fun. What more could you ask for? After I missed the FINA World Cup qualification, I am very happy about the 3rd place finish in the 10 km race at the European LE Cup in Lake Ohrid. So I spontaneously decided to race after an invitation from the organizer. 13 years after my last participation in this race, I returned to the place where I was always successful.”
1. Angela Maurer (Germany) 4:28:10
2. Alice Franco (Italy) 4:28:27
3. Romina Imwinkelried (Argentina) 4:35:50
4. Pilar Geijo (Argentina) 4:35:58
5. Erika Yenssen (Argentina) 4:36:10
6. Marie-Laurence Lortie (Canada) 4:49:10
7. Daira Marin (Argentina) 4:58:26
8. Martina Oriozabala (Argentina) 5:02:12
9. Rita Vanesa Garcia (Argentina) 5:02:23
10. Ivana Prizmic (Croatia) 5:28:04
Copyright © 2008 – 2019 by World Open Water Swimming Association
Latest posts by Steven Munatones (see all)