FINA’s COVID-19 Advice
FINA’s COVID-19 AdviceCourtesy of FINA, Lausanne, Switzerland.
FINA is the governing body of aquatics that includes global responsibilities to sanction the following:
* FINA UltraMarathon Swimming Series
* FINA/CNSG Marathon Swim World Series
* FINA Olympic Marathon Swim Qualifier
* World Junior Open Water Swimming Championships
* FINA World Aquatic Championships (5 km, 5 km Team Relay, 10 km and 25 km races)
* Olympic 10K Marathon Swim
* FINA Open Water Swim World Events
FINA issued the following guidance related to the prevention of COVID-19:
The recently-created FINA Taskforce considered the impacts of the current situation with regard to the health of our athletes by assessing the risks of hosting forthcoming FINA competitions. A number of significant decisions were made to postpone or cancel events. FINA’s overriding concern at this challenging time is to proactively safeguard the health of all event participants, and also to safeguard public health in general.
In addition to the outbreak itself, government restrictions and guidance on events and travel as well as recommendations of the World Health Organisation and the International Olympic Committee have been considered carefully by FINA’s COVID-2019 Taskforce. FINA has also been in discussion with the host federations and committees involved, to which FINA remains deeply grateful for their efforts to further Aquatics.
All schools and clinics to be held until the end of March 2020 are postponed. FINA schools and clinics to be held in April and May will be reviewed by the Taskforce, which meets regularly.
For more information on home routine suggestions on maintaining range of motion, muscle tone, and cardiovascular endurance, visit here.
Copyright © 2008 – 2020 by World Open Water Swimming Association
Latest posts by Steven Munatones (see all)
- The Olympic Marathon Swim Venue: Odaiba Marine Park - 07/27/2021
- 2020 Tokyo Olympics Men’s Marathon Swim Predictions - 07/25/2021
- 2020 Tokyo Olympics Women’s Marathon Swim Predictions - 07/25/2021