Go For Relays And Tandem Swims
Courtesy of Umi and Nihon Project, The Nippon Foundation, Japan.
Throughout Japan, group tandem swims are held annually for students and local groups of adult swimmers during the hot and humid summers.
One of the leading proponents of swimming in the seas around Japan is Professor Go Takahashi (高橋伍郎) at the University of Tsukuba. He has long promoted open water swimming in Japan, serving as the chairman of the Across Kasumigaura 2 km lake swim since 1986.
He also serves as the Auditor of the Japan Masters Swimming Association and has competed in the pool events at the FINA World Masters Swimming Championships held in the USA, Canada, Australia, Brazil, UK and Italy.
But his greatest contribution has been to the sport of open water swimming where he has helped organize many events in the largest lakes of Japan including:
* Across Kasumigaura 2 km tandem open water swim in Lake Kasumigaura
* 10 km Joyful Athletic Club Swim Marathon in Lake Kasumigaura
* Lake Inawashiro 10 km relay
* Lake Saroma 10 km relay
* Lake Kasumigaura 27 km relay
* Shimantogawa River 10 km relay
* Lake Shinji 16 km relay
* Lake Biwa 16 km relay
* Lake Tazawa 12 km relay
* Awashima Island to Nezugaseki 20 km relay
* Lake Inawashiro 11 km relay
* Lake Hamana 16 km relay
* Lake Nojiri 10 km relay
* Lake Mikatagoko 10 km relay
* Lake Ogawara 15 km relay
Copyright © 2008-2018 by World Open Water Swimming Association