Irish Open Water Swimmer Elaine Burrows Dillane to Appear on the What A Woman Podcast
Elaine Burrows Dillane is set to feature as a guest on the highly anticipated What A Woman Podcast this Wednesday, March 1, 2023. The podcast, which features powerhouse women sharing their inspiring stories, is hosted by Caroline and Sarah, two mothers looking to be inspired.
According to Sarah Benner, co-host of the What a Woman Podcast, the show is a platform where powerful women share their inspiring stories. The podcast features high-profile women from various professions who discuss how they have achieved their goals, the challenges they have faced, and the resilience they have needed to overcome obstacles in their paths. The show aims to celebrate women’s accomplishments, inspire listeners to strive for their best, and provide good role models for younger women to pursue their aspirations fearlessly. The What a Woman Podcast encourages women to push past their limits and achieve greatness in all aspects of life, so they can serve as positive influences for future generations of women.
- Jacqui Hurley – TV sports presenter
- Ciara Griffin – Former Irish rugby captain
- Carol Brick – Business owner of the year 2022 for Hermoney.ie
- Louise Galvin – Kerry footballer and rugby international
- Louise Quill – Founder of Tir na nÓg orphanage
- Catriona O’Sullivan – Musician and TV personality
- Caroline Reidy – Successful author, business owner, TEDx presenter, and regular on Prime Time.
Elaine Burrows-Dillane from Tralee, Ireland, has achieved a remarkable list of accomplishments throughout her athletic career. Among them are:
- Completing the Original Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming.
- Winning the World Cup Ireland Ice Swimming 1 km Championships in 2018
- Completing a 33.5 km crossing of the English Channel in 2019
- Becoming the first woman to swim 16 km from Blennerville to Fenit and back in Ireland in 2017
- Completing the Irish Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming in 2021
- Receiving the ILDSA John Earls Award for the Most Arduous Swim in 2022 for her relay crossing from Fenit Lighthouse to Loop Head Lighthouse.
Elaine’s accomplishments have earned her numerous awards and accolades, including being inducted into the Hall of Fame – Marathon Swimming Ireland Class of 2022 and being named the 2022 Female Senior Swimmer of the Year by the Irish Long Distance Swimming Association. She has pushed herself to achieve greatness in the open water and she has become a role model for aspiring open water swimmers around the world.
Elaine is sure to offer listeners unparalleled insight into the challenges, triumphs and unwavering spirit required to succeed in one of the toughest sports in the world.
What A Woman
Caroline Lyons & Sarah Benner
Inspiring conversations with a diverse group of women that have achieved great things across different professions. Including guests like Jacqui Hurley, Carol Brick, Ciara Griffin, Louise Galvin, Louise Quill, Elaine Burrows Dillane, Caitriona O’ Sullivan and more! We discuss how they achieved their goals or childhood dreams, the sacrifices they made and the resilience they needed to get to where they are now to encourage us all to get the best out of ourselves.
- Exciting Start to the 2023 LEN Open Water Cup – Taddeucci and Olivier Claim Wins in Leg 1 in Israel - 03/19/2023
- Para-Swimmers Made Ice Swimming History at the 5th IISA World Championship - 03/15/2023
- French Open Water Swimmer Stéphane Lecat to be Inducted into the International Swimming Hall of Fame Class of 2023 - 03/15/2023