Julie Ridge Talks About Swimming Around Manhattan On WOWSA Live
Julie Ridge Talks About Swimming Around Manhattan On WOWSA LiveSponsored by KAATSU Global, Manhattan Island, New York.
Julie Ridge has ridden across America on her bicycle, did the Hawaiian Ironman Triathlon in 1984, written a book (Take It to the Limit: Endurance: How to Build It into Everything You Do), been an actress on Broadway, and leads the Frank Ridge Memorial Foundation. She spoke about her experiences and her marathon swims including 9 swims around Manhattan Island with International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame chairman Ned Denison in today’s edition of WOWSA Live.
They reminiscenced about:
* appearing in Oh! Calcutta! on Broadway in New York
* training at Bob Duenkel‘s swimming camps
* snaking across the English Channel in 17 hours 55 minutes
* scenic swimming at night around the Manhattan Island
* swimming for 12 hours in a pool
* her unprecedented a series of multi-day 45.9 km circumnavigation swims around the Manhattan Island * her work with Drury Gallagher, Tom Hetzel, Tim Johnson
* her attempt to swim around Barbados
For more information on her Foundation, visit frankridgememorialfoundation.org.
Julie Ridge, an Honor Swimmer in the International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame who has completed a total of 11 circumnavigation swims around Manhattan Island during her career, was photographed for Sports Illustrated Magazine by Ron Modra.
Copyright © 2008 – 2020 by World Open Water Swimming Association
Latest posts by Steven Munatones (see all)