Marcelo Galvão To Try The Challenge Again
Courtesy of WOWSA, Huntington Beach, California.
But Galvão did not finish (DNF) his planned 16 km butterfly ocean swim this month. However, he did end up swimming 6.4 km in 3 hours of straight butterfly. “I felt severe back pain after 3 hours of swimming. I made the difficult decision to stop. We need to understand the body’s limitations on a bad day. Now it’s time to process events calmly and continue planning.”
- Galvão completed his first butterfly swim in September 2018 in the Pontal beach, Rio de Janeiro. Brazil, completing a 4 km swim in 1 hour 16 minutes.
- He completed his second butterfly swim in November 2018 in Arraial do cabo beach, Rio de Janeiro, completing a 6 km swim in 1 hour 49 minutes.
- He completed his third butterfly swim in May 2019 in Copacabana Beach, Rio de Janeiro, completing a 4 km swim in 1 hour 15 minutes.
- He completed his fourth butterfly swim 10 November 2019 in the 13 km Fuga da Ilha Grande in Rio de Janeiro in 7 hours 10 minutes.
Copyright © 2008 – 2021 by World Open Water Swimming Association
- The Olympic Marathon Swim Venue: Odaiba Marine Park - 07/27/2021
- 2020 Tokyo Olympics Men’s Marathon Swim Predictions - 07/25/2021
- 2020 Tokyo Olympics Women’s Marathon Swim Predictions - 07/25/2021