Monique Wildschut On Swimming Smart On WOWSA Live
Monique Wildschut On Swimming Smart On WOWSA LiveSponsored by KAATSU Global, lac St-Jean, Canada.
Monique Blok-Wildschut was one of the greatest professional marathon swimmers in the history. The Dutch heroine talked about all things open water and her career with International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame chairman Ned Denison on today’s edition of WOWSA Live. The two International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame inductees talked about:
* crossing the English Channel at night as a 19-year-old with her father in her boat
* the honor of swimming and winning the 22 km IJsselmeer Zwemmarathon from Stavoren to Medemblik in the Netherlands, a “spooky” unpredictable swim
* building up her distances first in the Netherlands and then exploring longer distances aboard
* doing the first two-way 64 km crossing of Traversée Internationale du lac St-Jean in Canada
* receiving a Rolex watch after her English Channel
* swimming around Atlantic City in the Atlantic City Around the Island Swim
* writing her book and recalling her life in Ontberingen van een marathonzwemster (Hardships of a marathonswimmer)
* not wanting to be “double dumb” in lac St-Jean
For more information about her book in Dutch, Ontberingen van een marathonzwemster, visit here.
For more information about her book in English, Hardships of a marathonswimmer, visit here.
Copyright © 2008 – 2020 by World Open Water Swimming Association
Latest posts by Steven Munatones (see all)
- The Olympic Marathon Swim Venue: Odaiba Marine Park - 07/27/2021
- 2020 Tokyo Olympics Men’s Marathon Swim Predictions - 07/25/2021
- 2020 Tokyo Olympics Women’s Marathon Swim Predictions - 07/25/2021