Open Water Swimming Bucket Lists
Open Water Swimming Bucket ListsAs January rolls around, open water swimmers start to think about swims and seminars, tours and travel, clinics and crossings, and races and relays they will do in the new year.
While swimmers participating in the Manhattan Island Marathon Swim and those attempting the English Channel have locked in their plans in advance and are deep within their training cycles, others can afford to be more flexible with their schedules.
Many swimmers, as methodical as can be, often write lists for themselves. They just don’t show up on the shoreline, they prepare physiologically, psychologically and in writing. Equipment lists, to-do lists, and contact lists are at the top of their lists. Written on iPads or yellow legal pads, they write down people to contact, places to go, and things to do.
Like strokes across the pool, swimmers cross the items off their list one-by-one. Some leave the hard ones for last; others tackle the difficult tasks first. But like a long workout, they get through their lists.
So what kind of bucket lists are there for open water swimmers? Here are some suggestions:
1. World’s Top 100 Open Water Swims
2. Asia’s Top 50 Open Water Swims
3. Africa’s Top 100 Open Water Swims
4. World’s Top Open Water Swims Series
5. America’s Top 50 Open Water Swims
6. Hardest Swims In The World (Southern Hemisphere)
7. Hardest Swims In The World (Northern Hemisphere)
8. Circumnavigation Swims Around The World
9. Oceans Seven
10. Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming
11. Triple Crown of Prison Island Swims (Triple Break and Quatro Break)
12. Marathon Swims Around The World
13. FINA Open Water Swimming Grand Prix circuit
14. FINA 10km Marathon Swimming World Cup circuit
15. International Ice Swimming Association Ice Swim
16. 24-hour Club
17. Half Century Club
18. Swim Your Age Club
19. Ultra-swims In America
20. Greatest Open Water Swims In History
21. Future Dreams Swims
22. Iconic Landmarks In Open Water Swimming
23. World’s Top Open Water Swimming Relays
24. World’s Top Open Water Swimming Camps and Tours
25. Still Water Eight
Copyright © 2008 – 2012 by World Open Water Swimming Association