Poland Wins 4x250m Freestyle Relay at IISA 4th World Championship
As the International Ice Swimming Association 4th World Championship in Głogów, Poland was winding down, the abilities and talents of the fastest swimmers had become apparent to everyone. So when Poland announced its 4x250m freestyle relay team of Jakub Muszyński, Karolina Szalast (shown above), Paweł Bednarczyk, and Marcin Szarpak, the quartet was immediately tagged as the favorite to win the gold medal.
The Polish team did not disappoint with a comfortable 11:41:22 victory over Germany.
IISA 4th World Championship – Mixed 4x50m Freestyle Relay Results:
- Poland: Jakub Muszyński, Karolina Szalast, Paweł Bednarczyk, Marcin Szarpak 11:41:22
- Germany: Alisa Fatum, Kilian Franke, Tobias Wybierek, Christof Wandratsch 12:08:39
- Great Britain: Phillip Duma, Caroline Saxon, Laura Nesbitt, James Leitch 12:45:68
- Czech Republic: Sarka Landsmannova, Libor Stedron, Max Munson, Rostislav Vítek 13:22:32
- France: Clement Meloni, Marion Joffle, Alain Simac-lejeune, Guillaume Le Loher 13:28:69
- Netherlands: Alexander Schilder, Marije Dirkx, Albert Stienezen, Roel Janssen 14:34:15
- Romania: Sergiu Denis Deznan, Valentin Cinciulescu, Beatrice Ologeanu, Paul Georgescu 14:34:19
- South Africa: Samantha Whelpton, Charl Allen, Olivia De Waal, Joshua Ackerman 14:55:01
- Ireland: Frank Hallissey, John Ryan, Liz Ryan, Brian Swift 15:57:29
- Denmark: Rikke Danielsen, Henry Lykke Stokholm, Nadja joy Tønnesen, Sue Allingham 15:58:40
For full event results, visit here. Livestreaming of the IISA 4th World Championship between February 4th – 6th is posted here. All the details of the Championships are posted here [venue shown above]. The official Championship website is posted here.
Copyright © 2008 – 2022 by World Open Water Swimming Association