This is a comprehensive Open Water Swimming Coaches Education Program for pool swimming coaches, triathlete coaches, masters swimming coaches, fitness coaches and endurance sports coaches and multi-sport coaches. Are you interested in learning the details of open water swimming and the best and most current practices and methodologies of the sport?
What to expect in this course…
The certification program will educate interested individuals on everything from proper swimming techniques to race tactics. Individuals who pass the program will be able to safely coach young children in short introductory open water swims as well as escort marathon swimmers in the English Channel.
- Open Water Safety
- Marine Environment
- History of the Sport
- Best Practices
- Pyramid of Success
- Level 1 – a score of 75% correct answers on the WOWSA test .
- Level 2 – a score of 80% and coach 1 athlete who has completed a 5 KM swim in open water.
- Level 3 – A score of 85% and one athlete who has completed a 10KM Swim in open water.
- Level 4 – A score of 90% and coaching of one athlete who has completed a 25 KM swim, or competed in a national championship event.
- Level 5 – A score of 95% and coaching 1 athlete who has competed in the Olympic Games or an international championship event or completed a channel crossing.
A Real Educational Program with High Quality Course Material…
This Education Program is based upon Steven Munatones’ book Open Water Swimming.