Stephen Redmond Testing Himself And Relationships On WOWSA Live
Stephen Redmond Testing Himself And Relationships On WOWSA LiveSponsored by KAATSU, West Cork, Ireland.
International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame Honor Swimmer Stephen Redmond was the first person in history to complete the Oceans Seven. The 54-year-old former rugby player was today’s guest on WOWSA Live, hosted by Ned Denison.
Redmond talked about his various marathon swims and channel swims; his wit and wisdom are clear. The gems he spoke about include:
* the capability of people to help throughout his Oceans Seven journey
* the high points of every channel swim
* the best of times and the worst of times in the Molokai Channel and Tsugaru Channel * coming back different from every channel swim
* testing relationships with his wife
* when his wife on his escort boat told his skipper to “throttle on” if he slowed down
* sharks circling him and waiting for him to die
* no more desolate place on the Earth
* expedition hatred
* the food in Japan near the Tsugaru Channel [see below]
Copyright © 2008 – 2020 by World Open Water Swimming Association
Latest posts by Steven Munatones (see all)