Susan Simmons Talks Adventure On WOWSA Live
Susan Simmons Talks Adventure On WOWSA LiveSponsored by KAATSU Global, Huntington Beach, California.
Canadian Susan Simmons talked about dealing with her MS (Multiple sclerosis) and swimming in cold water on today’s WOWSA Live program.
The 55-year-old former competitive pool swimmer made the transition to longer, colder marathon swims with a special focus on pioneering unprecedented swim in her local lakes and straits in and near Vancouver. She recalled a number of experiences with Steven Munatones:
* starting her open water career with a lake swim in Thetis Lake where she swam with otters
* building up from 1.5 km to 70 km in distance
* swimming in the Strait of Juan de Fuca, Haro Strait, and Georgia Strait
* planning adventure swims in Great Bear Rainforest
* swimming with humpback whales and trying to avoid bubble net feeding
* being escorted by a Canadian whale whisperer
* seeing value in everyone
Copyright 2008 – 2020 by World Open Water Swimming Association