Swim It And They Will Come
Swim It And They Will ComeCourtesy of Dr. Karah Nazor, Swim The Suck, Tennessee River Gorge, Tennessee.
Dr. Karah Nazor, founder of the C.O.W.S. (Chattanooga Open Water Swimmers), established the Swim The Suck and then later created the Triple Crown of the Tennessee, a 3-race series totaling 34.1 km along the Tennessee River including:
* 5-mile Swim Hobbs Island organized by Team Rocket Tri in Huntsville, Alabama
* 6.2-mile Bridges to Bluffs 10K organized by the K.O.W.S. in Knoxville, Tennessee
* 10-mile Swim The Suck organized by the Chattanooga Open Water Swimmers and Outdoor Chattanooga in Chattanooga, Tennessee
Dr. Nazor explains, “To earn a Triple Crown of the Tennessee, you must complete all three swims totaling 21.2 miles. A Gold Member completes all three swims in the same calendar year and will receive a gold-embroidered towel and a gold patch. A Silver Member completes all three times within a two-year span and receives a silver-embroidered towel and a silver patch. A Bronze Member completes all three swims within a three-year span and receives a bronze-embroidered towel and a bronze patch.”
She created it – and did it.
All three swims are located along the Tennessee River. The Bridges to Bluffs is located from Mile 648.5 to 642.0; Swim The Suck is located from Mile 453.3 to Mile 443.55, and Swim Hobbs Island is a roundtrip between Mile 334.0 to Mile 336.5.
* Karah Nazor (Silver)
* Jamie Ann Phillips (Silver)
* Sara Edward (Bronze)
* Karen Stuckey (Silver)
* Stephanie Adcock (Gold)
* Marie Berry (Gold)
* Phil Colclough (Silver)
* Michele Crook (Gold)
* Amanda Darty (Gold)
* Pat Eddy (Gold)
* Joe Hutto (Gold)
* Elizabeth Laroche (Silver)
* Kimberly Lytle (Gold)
* Jack McAfee (Gold)
* Justin McGarity (Gold)
* Russell Roberts (Gold)
* Jonell Smith (Gold)
* Tim Smith (Silver)
* Libba Vaughan (Gold)
* Ashley Whitney (Gold)
* Cecelia Wigal (Gold)
For more information on the Swim Hobbs Island, visit here.
For more information on the Bridges to Bluffs, visit here.
For more information on the Swim The Suck, visit here.
Copyright © 2008 – 2020 by World Open Water Swimming Association
Latest posts by Steven Munatones (see all)
- The Olympic Marathon Swim Venue: Odaiba Marine Park - 07/27/2021
- 2020 Tokyo Olympics Men’s Marathon Swim Predictions - 07/25/2021
- 2020 Tokyo Olympics Women’s Marathon Swim Predictions - 07/25/2021