Swimming In South Bay + Santa Monica
Swimming In South Bay + Santa MonicaCourtesy of WOWSA, South Bay, Los Angeles, California. The South Bay stretches along the southern shores of Santa Monica Bay in Los Angeles. With over 4.6 million people – and tens of thousands of daily beach visitors – all living and working within several kilometers of its wide beaches, it is no wonder that there is a growing number of ocean swimming events in the area that borders the Pacific Ocean. The ocean swims in the South Bay and along Santa Monica Bay during this year’s summer months include:
- Santa Monica Pier 360 near the Santa Monica Pier on Santa Monica Beach on June 22nd (400m + 1.2 miles).
- Weekly Tower 26 ocean workouts at Tower 26, Santa Monica Beach and Redondo Beach from June to October
- 2nd Redondo Beach Open Water Swim (Swim The Avenues) on Redondo Beach on July 14th (0.5-mile + 1 mile).
- 57th Dwight Crum Pier-to-Pier Swim from Hermosa Beach pier to Manhattan Beach pier on August 4th (2 miles).
- Open Water Summit and Redondo Beach Coastal Challenge along the coast between Redondo Beach and Palos Verdes Peninsula on October 4th – 6th (100m + 200m + 1 km + 5 km + 10 km + Guinness World Records Celebration + WOWSA Awards).
Latest posts by Steven Munatones (see all)