Swimming On Christmas
Swimming On ChristmasCourtesy of WOWSA, Huntington Beach, California.
Christmas Lake is a exceptionally clear lake in Minneapolis, Minnesota. It is connected by an underground canal to Lake Minnetonka where a 16.2 km annual lake race is held.
While Christmas Day is most often reserved for church going and family gatherings (in non-COVID-19 years), there are still a number of Christmas Day open water swimming events held around the world, including:
* Christmas Relay Race, a group sprint race between the landings as team leaders and tactics are crucial by the Brighton Icebergers in Australia.
* Christmas Day Swim or the Peter Pan Cup Christmas Morning Handicap Swim, a swim in Serpentine Lake in Hyde Park, London, hosted by the Serpentine Swimming Club since 1864. The 156th annual Christmas Morning Race for the Peter Pan Cup is presented this year by the Greenbury family.
* Christmas Eve Sunrise Swim in Frensham Great Pond, Surrey, UK organized by The Dip Advisor.
* Barcelona Traditional Christmas Swimming Cup or the 200 meter Copa Nadal de Natació is held at the Old Harbour of Barcelona, Spain organized by the Barcelona Swimming Club (Club Natació Barcelona). The event was started in 1908. The 111th edition was held this morning.
* Hawaiian Christmas Looong Distance Invitational Rough-H2O or the Double Roughwater is a 7 km ocean swim in Waikiki Beach on Oahu.
Copyright © 2008 – 2020 by World Open Water Swimming Association
Latest posts by Steven Munatones (see all)