Tita Llorens En Español On WOWSA Live
Tita Llorens En Español On WOWSA LiveSponsored by KAATSU, Huntington Beach, California.
International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame Honor Swimmer Antonio Argüelles interviewed Margarita ‘Tita’ Llorens Bagur on today’ edition of WOWSA Live from the Islas Baleares of Spain.
The president of the Menorca Channel Swimming Association and member of the 24-hour Club won the 2017 World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year for her 37-hour 73 km attempt between Ibiza and Jávea in her native Spain.
Named as one of the World’s 50 Most Adventurous Open Water Women, Tita has clearly earned this title.
She has attempted many channel swims and failed…only to come to accomplish them later:
* 2011: attempted a 45 km crossing from Ibiza to Jávea, but was pulled after 17 hours
* 2013: attempted a 84 km crossing from Ibiza to Mallorca (Cruce Canal Ibiza-Mallorca), but she was pulled after 20 hours 30 minutes and 74 km because of jellyfish
* 2014: attempted a 84 km crossing from Ibiza to Mallorca (Cruce Canal Ibiza-Mallorca), but was pulled after 27.8 km in 9 hours 12 minutes
* 2015: completed the unprecedented 84 km crossing from Ibiza to Mallorca (Cruce Canal Ibiza-Mallorca) in 28 hours 13 minutes
* 2016: attempted a 90 km swim between Ibiza and Dénia
* 2017: attempted a 90 km swim between Ibiza and Jávea, but was pulled after 37 hours and 73 km due to currents
She has also completed many channel and marathon swims:
* 2011: completed a 14.4 km neoprene crossing of the Strait of Gibraltar in 3 hours 51 minutes
* 2011: completed the Vuelta a Menorca with Toni Huguet in water temperatures between 13ºC and 15ºC
* 2012: completed a 22 km crossing between Tabarca and Alicante in 6 hours 36 minutes
* 2012: completed a 36.5 km crossing of the Menorca Channel (Canal de Menorca) between Menorca and Mallorca in 12 hours 23 minutes
* 2012: completed the 30.8 km Ultramarató de l’Ebre 30830 Swim Marathon in 5 hours 38 minutes
* 2014: completed a 22 km crossing between Tabarca and Alicante in 6 hours 20 minutes
* 2014: completed a 30 km Messenian Gulf Swim from Kalamata to Koroni in Greece in 11 hours 13 minutes
* 2015: completed the 30 km Ultra Swim Formentera in Ibiza in 7 hours 16 minutes
* 2015: completed a 25 km marathon swim in Menorca in 7 hours 30 minutes
* 2016: completed the 30 km Ultra Swim Formentera in Ibiza in 7 hours 49 minutes
* 2016: completed a 25 km swim in Menorca in 7 hours 30 minutes
* 2016: completed the Ultramarató de l’Ebre 30830 Swim Marathon with Joana Mercada
* 2017: competed in the Catalunya Championship of Winter Swimming Open (Campeonato de Catalunya de Natación de Invierno Open)
* 2017: completed an unprecedented 42 km Travesía Roses – Portbou in 11 hours 54 minutes
* 2017: completed the 42 km Swim Marathon Costa Brava
* 2018: completed an unprecedented 101.6 km swim between Spain and Ibiza in 36 hours 16 minutes at the age of 49
Copyright © 2008 – 2020 by World Open Water Swimming Association
Latest posts by Steven Munatones (see all)