Unique Awards In The Open Water Swimming World, Part 14
Unique Awards In The Open Water Swimming World, Part 14Courtesy of Mervyn Bremner, Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
Over the weekend, Mervyn Bremner from Cape Town, South Africa completed miles #147, #148, #149, #150, #151, #152, #153 and #154 at the aQuellé Midmar Mile in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa.
Stanley Kozlowski presented Bremner with a special trophy in commemoration of completing 150 miles at the 8 Mile Club held concurrently at the aQuellé Midmar Mile. “Thank to all my supporters and donors to Childhood Cancer Foundation South Africa and special thanks to my daughter Sam [Bremner] for being there on the day.”
The open water swimming community offers a number of unique awards including the following:
* Belt buckles at the SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona, USA: see here
* Conch trophies at the Race For The Conch Eco-SeaSwim in Turks & Caicos: see here
* Walking sticks and woodals at the Kingdom Swim in Vermont: see here
* Paper crown for Ice Kilometers swimmers at the IISA Ireland National Championships: see here
* For Triple Crowners (English Channel + Catalina Channel + Around Manhattan Island): see here
* MSF Spork + MSF Navigator Award from the MSF: see here
* Cherrywood plaque for South End Rowing Club members for their North Channel crossing: see here
* For H20PLAY Swim Series winners: see here
* For 2-way North Channel relay from Northern Ireland to Scotland and back to Northern Ireland: see here
* For Hawaiian Christmas Looong Distance Invitational Rough-H2O Swim finishers on Oahu: see here
* For finishers of the Nevis to St. Kitts Cross-Channel Swim: see here
* English Channel award for Shubham Vanmali: see here
* Unique fish awards at the Los Cabos Open Water Challenge: see here.
* Rhinoceros trophy for the Midmar Mile 8 Mile Charity Club: see here.
* North Channel crossing by the Irish Long Distance Swimming Association: see here.
* Gaston Memorial Swim awards: see here.
* English Channel plaque by the City of Dover: see here
Copyright © 2008 – 2019 by World Open Water Swimming Association
Latest posts by Steven Munatones (see all)
- Syamala Goli Crosses The Palk Strait - 07/22/2021
- When Ky Hurst And Yasu Fukuoka Meet Outside The Open Water - 07/22/2021
- The Team Behind Pablo Fernández Álvarez’s 250K Ocean Swim - 07/22/2021