Unique Awards In The Open Water Swimming World, Part 16
Unique Awards In The Open Water Swimming World, Part 16Courtesy of Irish Long Distance Swimming Association, Belfast, Ireland.
19-year-old Prabhat Koli became the youngest individual to cross the North Channel from Northern Ireland to Scotland last year when he crossed in 10 hours 41 minutes in 12°C – 15°C water.
He was honored in at Belfast at the annual Irish Long Distance Swimming Association dinner where Debbie Gray and Cara Martin accepted his award [see on left]. “I felt like someone of my family received the award: the Chunky Dunkers family.”
The Hall of Fame – Marathon Swimming Ireland also took the opportunity to honor its most recent inductees.
Anne Marie Ward, Gráinne Moss (née Gunn), Ion Lazarenco Tiron, Ned Denison, Sandycove Island Swimmers and Stephen Millar were inducted in the Hall of Fame – Marathon Swimming Ireland as members of its Class of 2019 in Belfast.
For more information on the Irish Long Distance Swimming Association activities, visit here.
Other open water swimming unique awards include the following:
* Belt buckles at the SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona, USA: see here
* Conch trophies at the Race For The Conch Eco-SeaSwim in Turks & Caicos: see here
* Walking sticks and woodals at the Kingdom Swim in Vermont: see here
* Paper crown for Ice Kilometers swimmers at the IISA Ireland National Championships: see here
* For Triple Crowners (English Channel + Catalina Channel + Around Manhattan Island): see here
* MSF Spork + MSF Navigator Award from the MSF: see here
* Cherrywood plaque for South End Rowing Club members for their North Channel crossing: see here
* For H20PLAY Swim Series winners: see here
* For 2-way North Channel relay from Northern Ireland to Scotland and back to Northern Ireland: see here
* For Hawaiian Christmas Looong Distance Invitational Rough-H2O Swim finishers on Oahu: see here
* For finishers of the Nevis to St. Kitts Cross-Channel Swim: see here
* English Channel award for Shubham Vanmali: see here
* Unique fish awards at the Los Cabos Open Water Challenge: see here.
* Rhinoceros trophy for the Midmar Mile 8 Mile Charity Club: see here.
* North Channel crossing by the Irish Long Distance Swimming Association: see here.
* Gaston Memorial Swim awards: see here.
* English Channel plaque by the City of Dover: see here
Copyright © 2008 – 2019 by World Open Water Swimming Association
Latest posts by Steven Munatones (see all)
- The Olympic Marathon Swim Venue: Odaiba Marine Park - 07/27/2021
- 2020 Tokyo Olympics Men’s Marathon Swim Predictions - 07/25/2021
- 2020 Tokyo Olympics Women’s Marathon Swim Predictions - 07/25/2021