Warning, this event was expired!
A one and two-mile professionally-timed swim race in Glen Lake in Goffstown, New Hampshire, home of Glennie, the mysterious but friendly lake monster. Buffet brunch, fun expo and after-party with beer tickets included. Distance: 1-Mile OR 2-Mile Swim Race Date: August 15th, 2021 Start: 8:30am Check-in: 7:00am – 8:00am Location: Goffstown Recreation Center,
155 S Mast St., Goffstown, NH 03045 Description: One-Mile
triangular-shaped out and back course. 2-MILE SWIM IS TWO LAPS.
Please see course
maps. Water Start: Swimmers will start in waves.
Wave assignments will be published in the week preceding the swim. Event is net-timed. There is no penalty for starting in a later wave. Online Registration Fees:
- 1 Miler: Before September 30th, $30. October 1 – June 30th, 2021, $35. July 1, $40 2 Miler: Before September 30th, $40. October 1 – June 30th , 2021, $45. July 1, $50
- USMS membership is a requirement, if you are not a member, a one-day membership can be purchased as part of the registration process for $15.
- Online registration closes at midnight on August 07, or when capacity is reached. Raceday registration (if available) subject to additional fees.
- Field limited to 150 Swimmers
Awards will go to the First Three Overall Male and Female
finishers in wetsuit
divisions in both the 1-Mile
races, including some very special “Glennie” memorabilia. Fist place male
in both wetsuit
divisions in both races
will receive SwimOutlet.com gift certificates. Age Group Awards (both Male & Female):
19 & Under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+ (wetsuit & skins combined) Post Race Buffet:
Presented by the Goffstown Culinary Creators
! Post-Race Party:
At the Village Trestle, sponsored by Harpoon Brewery! Commemorative T-Shirt to those registered prior to August 1st. Minutiae:
- Only registered swimmers are allowed to compete
- Water temperature has historically been 70 degrees or above
- Wetsuits are allowed, unless the water temperature exceeds 78 degrees (per USMS rule)
- Swim tow buoys will be allowed at the swimmer’s discretion
- Other assistive devices, including masks, fins, snorkels, and paddles are NOT allowed
- Swimmers are NOT permitted to wear headphones during the race
- USMS membership is required. Day-long membership is $15 and can be purchased as part of the online registration
- Age requirement: 18 years minimum
- Kayakers will provide support during the race
- Bright colored swim caps will be provided and must be worn for safety reasons
- Mandatory Athlete check-in from 7:00am to 8:00am, please bring a photo ID
- Pre-race announcement at 8:15am, Start 8:30am
- Bag-check available
- Outstanding post-race buffet
- “Mini-Expo” at the venue following the race
- CAUTION – This swim is not for novices; this event is for experienced swimmers only. To participate, you should be able to swim one mile comfortably in 45 minutes or less. The second loop for 2-Mile swimmers will close 45 minutes after the start of the final wave. The race director reserves the right to pull swimmers from the water who cannot complete the course in a reasonable amount of time. Note: Swimmers may encounter sticks, twigs, and other random objects in the water.