Warning, this event was expired!
Place : Dervio.
Day of the event: Sunday 22 August 2021.
Distance 15 kilometers in line from Lierna to Dervio.
Features : pre-alpine lake.
Organization by NAL in collaboration with the Municipality and local Associations.
Press Presentation : Saturday 21 August 2021, 3:00 pm, location to be defined.
Briefing : Saturday 21 August 2021, 5:00 pm, location to be defined.
Departure : Sunday 22 August 2021 at 08:00, Lierna.
07.00 – Meeting point, Lierna.
07:30 – Punching operations and preparations for departure.
08:00 – Departure.
10:30 – Deadline for checking the Varenna area.
13:00 – Deadline for ARRIVAL ON THE SHORE, Dervio.
14:00 – Award ceremony
15:00 – Greetings
Times and places may vary according to need.
Registrations are limited, from a minimum of 15 to a maximum of 30 registrations. Each swimmer must be in compliance with the competitive sports medical certification (currently valid), the documentation and the equipment required by the Organizer.
The athlete is supervised by boats throughout the race and, although it is a non-competitive event, the swim requires registration times that must respect the maximum allowed. The maximum time foreseen for the Gran Fondo Lago di Come is 5 hours 00 minutes.
During the crossing, each swimmer must use a buoyancy support equipped with an internal compartment, such as ISHOF SaferSwimmer , to increase the safety of the athlete and to store the GPS system provided by the Organizer. For this reason, each member can have the discount code for the purchase of the ISHOF SaferSwimmer, a promo reserved for the participants of the Gran Fondo Italia.
The management of the integration and hydration pre / during / post swim remains the responsibility of the athlete.
The athlete must set up his own team to support him during the swim with a vehicle (canoe, sup, waterbike, dinghy, etc.), which must comply with local administrative regulations. The member must communicate to the Organizer those who make up their team within the set times.
Upon request, the Organizer makes himself available to assist in the search for the means that must support the athlete during the swim.
For anything not mentioned in these regulations, please refer to the general regulations of the Gran Fondo Italia circuit .
The swim is supervised by control and safety boats made available by the organizer and the local organizing staff, which verify the correct execution of the swim, if necessary they intervene in case of need of swimmers or boats.
The type of team vehicle that supports the athlete during the swim must be communicated to the Organizer by the deadline for registration, to make the necessary registrations and any requests for permits. In any case, please note that at the request of the member, the Organizer makes itself available to find the means to support the swimmer.
Boats or boats not authorized by the same organization are not allowed during the test.
There are no local conventions, it is advisable to search for an overnight stay well in advance. For more information contact the Organizer.
The number of participants is set at a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 30 swimmers . If the registration applications exceed the maximum number foreseen, the Organization reserves the right to consider the feasibility of increasing the number of participants only if the security guarantees exist.
REGISTRATION OPENING 31 MARCH 2021
Athlete registration fee:… ..
Fee reduction for NAL Athletes members: -5% of the fee and no increase.
Fee reduction for women members: -5% of the fee.
The reductions are not cumulative.
Registrations after the closing date are subject to an increase of 100.00 euros.
Each payment is to be made after acceptance of the registration which will be sent by email by the organizer.
If the minimum number required is not reached, the organization reserves the right to cancel the event with a refund of the registration fee paid.
– Cancellation of the swim due to unsuitable marine weather conditions or other factors external to the organization that do not allow the crossing to be carried out safely.
– Waiver of the swimmer to take part in the swim, regardless of the reasons that determine the renunciation.
– June 30, 2021, Registration.
– Payment of 50% of the registration fee (non-refundable after June 15, 2021).
– Payment of the remaining 50% by 30 June 2021 (refundable for cancellations received by 5 July 2021).
– General coordination during the swim.
– Vessel safety supervisors.
– Administrative permissions.
– Event gadget.
– Memorandum of participation for those who do not win.
– NAL consultancy during the period of the event.
– One-time 30-minute NAL Base consultation during the preparation period.
– 8% discount on the 30-day NAL Personal Traning Base service (not combinable with other discounts).
– 10% discount on the 90-day NAL Personal Traning Base service (not combinable with other discounts).
– Discount code for the purchase of the ISHOF SaferSwimmer .
Anything not mentioned in the registration fee is not included.