Are you a Mermaid or Merman or just want to enjoy an organized and safe open water swim? Our fifth annual ocean swim we be offering four great distances again! The swim will be held at the pristine beaches of Boca Raton, Florida and will start at Spanish River Park. The event will be timed by Accuchip timing and participants will have a mass swim start and will do an out and back swim. There will be lifeguards overseeing the safety of all participants.
Four Distances Include:
- Two Mile Swim
- One Mile Swim
- Half Mile Swim
- Lil’ Mermaid Splash (200 yards OWS)
Race Costs are:
- Two Mile Swim: $45 until 7/26, $50 RACE DAY
- One Mile Swim: $35 until 7/26, $40 RACE DAY
- Half Mile Swim: $25 until 7/26, $30 RACE DAY
- Lil’mermaid splash: $15 until 7/26, $20 RACE DAY
RACE DAY REGISTRATION/PACKET PICKUP
- Packet Pickup Time: Friday, July 30th 4:00-6:00 pm and Saturday, July 31st 10:00 am-1:00 pm
- Packet Pickup Location: Location TBD
- Race Day Packet pick-up begins promptly at 6:45 AM at Pavillion 8.
- Race Day Registration: $50 for two-mile, $40 for one-mile, $30 for half-mile and $20 for lil’ mermaid splash
- Swim Caps are not guaranteed to race day registrations.
EVENT: TWO MILE SWIMThere will be top 3 awards given out for each age group as well as top overall male/female. Participants will receive food and drinks following the event.
Registration/Packet Pickup Information:
– Pre-Registration till 7/26 at midnight: $45
– Race Day Registration: $50 starting at 6:45 AM at Pavillion 8.
– Race Day Packet pick up begins promptly at 6:45 AM at Pavillion 8.
– Only pre-registered participants are guaranteed a swim cap
– Enter park and make a right into north parking lot
– Park anywhere in that area
– Check in at Pavilion 8
– Head under tunnel to swim start
Course Information: out and back
– Start at Tower 19
– Swim 50 yards east to first buoy
– Stay on right and head south
– Pass middle buoy, continue to stay on right
– Turn around at 3rd buoy, stay on right, continue back north
– Pass middle buoy again, stay on right
– Pass first buoy again, stay on right
– Make U-Turn around first buoy
– Repeat above
– Come out of water, jog, 25 yards to finish