What Happens At The Start Of An Open Water Race?
What Happens At The Start Of An Open Water Race?Photo courtesy of the John West Great North Swim, Windermere, England. When we observe the start and first initial turns of a mass open water swim, we think of the 3C’s:
- A churning cacophony of competition among elite, competitive types.
- A captivating clamor of camaraderie among older women and swim buddies.
- Charming, collegial and challenging among those who swim slowly or just want to finish and feel a sense of accomplishment.
Latest posts by Steven Munatones (see all)
- The Olympic Marathon Swim Venue: Odaiba Marine Park - 07/27/2021
- 2020 Tokyo Olympics Men’s Marathon Swim Predictions - 07/25/2021
- 2020 Tokyo Olympics Women’s Marathon Swim Predictions - 07/25/2021