Who Will Step In The Vacuum Without Jordan Wilimovsky?
Courtesy of WOWSA, Huntington Beach, California.
At Fort Myers Beach in Florida this weekend, USA Swimming will hold its Open Water Swimming National and Junior Championships and selection meet, but two-time Olympian Jordan Wilimovsky is not competing.
Wilimovsky is focused on doubling up in the 800m and 1500m freestyle events at the USA Olympic Swimming Trials in order to add to his marathon swimming schedule at the Tokyo Olympics. Wilimovsky has dominated American open water swimming over the last quadrennial. Without his presence, the field is wide open.
David Heron will try to step up to the podium as the most experienced international swimmer in the field. He represented the USA at the 2017 and 2019 FINA World Championships and is a three-time USA Swimming national open water swimming champion. But he will be pushed by former Sandpipers of Nevada standout and current University of Florida distance swimmer Brennan Gravely.
The women’s 10 km National Championship will start at 8:00 am tomorrow while the men’s race will begin at 10:30 am on Friday, April 16th. The 22-man start list is below:
- Brennan Gravely (20) 15:19.59 (1500m)
- David Heron (26) 15:19.74 (1500m)
- Dylan Becker (18) 15:28.31 (1500m)
- Will Roberts (21) 15:29.75 (1500m)
- Ivan Puskovitch (20) 15:31.28 (1500m)
- T.C. Smith (22) 15:31.51 (1500m)
- Charlie Clark (18) 15:33.51 (1500m)
- Joshua Brown (18) 15:36.24 (1500m)
- Simon Lamar (21) 15:44.02 (1500m)
- David Forsyth (20) 15:47.68 (1500m)
- William Mullen (19) 15:52.84 (1500m)
- Brice Barrieault (17) 15::43.99 (1500m)
- Joshua Miller (19) 15:56.59 (1500m)
- Jibran Himsieh (17) 16:06.20 (1500m)
- Kieran Smith (20) 9:01.86 (1000 yards)
- Noah Smith (20) 15:03.83 (1650 yards)
- Joey Tepper (18) 15:19.50 (1650 yards)
- Ryan Schonbachler 15:28.35 (1650 yards)
- Isaac Fleig (16) 15:29.29 (1650 yards)
- Brandon Miller (17) 15:33.61 (1650 yards)
- Dylan Gravley (18) 15:42.49 (1650 yards)
Copyright © 2008 – 2021 by World Open Water Swimming Association
- Unsafe Swimming.Potential Problems That Can Be Avoided - 11/28/2021
- Meliah Motchman Determined and Persistent to Complete a Marathon Swim - 11/28/2021
- Jamie Tout DEFCON Training - 11/27/2021